Welcome back my dear readers!
I have to say, being back to the day job after the holidays is crazy and hectic. I feel all out of sorts trying to learn how to balance it all. But, I will find the right method and learn to do so. It is all a part of making some huge changes in how I’m approaching my life now. It is past time for me to really pour myself into the things I am passionate about. I’m so happy that you’re taking up the mantel with me or at least following my new adventure in life.
So, as the title suggests I am going to be talking about my goals for the first quarter of the year. I have to say that while I set a few last quarter as a trial there were a number of things that got in my way when it came to completing them. Although, I did manage to finish the first drafting of my WIP which was the big goal for me so, I’m super proud of that fact. Now it is time to go beyond that and really flesh out the story and add those details I think it lacks in places so that it can be ready for feedback before publication. Exciting stuff!
Oh and just wait until you see what happens next in Elora’s story! I’m so stoked for you to have it in your hands.
I digress though. So, back on track with goals for First Quarter of 2018
- Finish that revision phase for the WIP (Yep, that’s the second, as yet untitled, Slauson Cove novel.)
- Post twice a week here on the blog. After this week, you’ll see posts coming up on Tuesdays and Saturdays here. So make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss them.
- Launch my Youtube channel and post two videos a week once that starts. – This one will be a learning curve and I’m not entirely expecting to reach it as it is written. But, I’m going to push to post some sort of creative living or writing advice video along with more of a vlog or day in the life video. More on the schedule as I see how it pans out. Trust me there will be links when it is ready.
- Grow my audience by a minimum of 250 new followers between my platform elements. That includes this blog, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and yes, I’m finally getting on the instagram band wagon. So, I’ll post links to all of those. Be a doll and share those links with people who may want to connect or learn more about some great reads.
- Answer all relevant comments on my blog and videos within 24 hours of them being posted. Yes that means interacting more with social media. This is definitely a new thing for me so, be patient with me.
- Build that email list for my bimonthly newsletter with the first 100 subscribers. Yes this is exclusive access to announcements before they are on the blog or on YouTube about the book, events, and giveaways etc. Keep an eye open for that. I’ll make a special post about it soon.
- Get that PO Box set up so I can post that for people to send mail to.
That’s it for this quarter. Of course there are plenty of other things behind the scenes like creating a launch plan for the new book, booking additional events, and making some other things happen. Cover art needs to be worked on, the book still needs a final title, and there is also formatting etc. So the work is never done. But, I wouldn’t have it any other way.
So what goals are you setting for yourself in the first few months of the new year?
Want ahead of the rush? Here are all the links to my social media for you to share and connect with me.
Anne Belle on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/AnneBelleAuthor/
Anne on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnneBelleAuthor
Anne on Goodreads : https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8063125.Anne_Belle
Anne on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/passionforwords/
And as always, you can find other contact details in the contact tab here on the blog.
Happy New Year Folks. May it be happy and successful for you!